FRV Scotia 1418S
|Ship name (ship code)||FRV Scotia (748S)|
|Cruise period||2018-10-05 — 2018-10-15|
|Port of departure||Aberdeen, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Aberdeen, United Kingdom|
1. Perform hydrographic sampling along the ALTERECO monitoring section in the northern North Sea, which will be sampled in all MSS oceanographic surveys in 2018.
2. Perform hydrographic sampling along the JONSIS long term monitoring section in the northern North Sea.
3. Recover, download and re-deploy an ADCP mooring deployed in a trawl-proof frame on the JONSIS section (the AlterEco mooring, AECO).
4. Recover, download and re-deploy one ADCP mooring at a position on Fair Isle - Munken (FIM) section.
5. Perform hydrographic sampling along the long term monitoring Faroe-Shetland Channel Nolso - Flugga (NOL) section.
6. Try to establish communication with previously lost mooring (AL-500) on NOL, and potentially attempt recovery.
7. Perform hydrographic sampling along the long term monitoring Faroe-Shetland Channel Fair Isle - Munken (FIM) section.
8. Take water samples for long term storage on Fair Isle - Munken or Nolso - Flugga section stations.
9. Perform fine scale VMADCP/CTD survey work on the JONSIS line (around 59° 17' N, 001° 15' W).
10. If weather/time permits perform a short term deployment of an ADCP in AL200 frame.
11. If weather/time permits, perform VMADCP/CTD survey work in the Moray Firth and/or Aberdeen Bay.
12. Run the thermosalinograph throughout the survey.
13. Run the VMADCP on all the standard sections.
|Chief scientist||Rory O'Hara Murray (Marine Scotland Aberdeen Marine Laboratory)|
|Cruise programme||(1.17 MB)|
North East Atlantic Ocean (limit 40W)