FRV Scotia 1818S
|Ship name (ship code)||FRV Scotia (748S)|
|Cruise period||2018-12-08 — 2018-12-18|
|Port of departure||Aberdeen, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Aberdeen, United Kingdom|
1. Perform hydrographic sampling along the Stonehaven AlterEco section in the northern North Sea.
2. Perform routine hydrographic sampling at stations along the long term monitoring JONSIS section in the northern North Sea.
3. Use deck unit to ping for lost AECO AL-200 mooring on Jonsis line and attempt recovery if it is communicating.
4. Perform routine hydrographic sampling at stations along the long term monitoring Faroe-Shetland Channel section: Nolso-Flugga.
5. Use deck unit to ping for lost NWEA AL-500 mooring on NOL line and attempt recovery if it is communicating.
6. Perform routine hydrographic sampling at stations along the long term monitoring Faroe-Shetland Channel section Fair Isle-Munken.
7. Take salinity, nutrient, chlorophyll, TA/DIC, dissolved oxygen samples along all standard lines.
8. If weather/time permits, perform a CTD/VMADCP survey on part of the Jonsis line (around 59° 17.00' N, 001° 15.26' W).
9. If conditions in the Faroe-Shetland Channel don't allow further work in the Faroe-Shetland Channel, conduct VMADCP/CTD work in the Moray Firth.
10. If sheltering in a suitable location around Shetland or Orkney due to bad weather conduct VMADP/CTD surveys.
11. Run the thermosalinograph throughout the survey.
12. Run the VMADCP on all the standard sections.
|Chief scientist||Berit Rabe (Marine Scotland Aberdeen Marine Laboratory)|
|Cruise programme||(0.14 MB)|
North East Atlantic Ocean (limit 40W)
|Specific||Northern North Sea. Faroe-Shetland Channel.|