RV Cirolana CIR2/79
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Cirolana (74CZ)|
|Cruise period||1979-02-01 — 1979-02-27|
|Port of departure||Grimsby, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Grimsby, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To participate in the ICES international young fish survey for 1-group herring and gadoids.
2. To sample post-larval herring using the Isaacs-Kidd midwater trawl.
3. To take surface and bottom salinity readings on each trawl station.
4. To fish as many stations as possible within the Norway pout small meshed fishery area using a high headline trawl, and to obtain biological samples from all gadoids caught.
Other aims received too late for inclusion in the published cruise programme were:
5. To collect samples of as many species as possiblee for the Univeeraity of York Environmental Archaeological Unit.
6. To obtain blood samples from cod, haddock and plaice.
7. To obtain herring samples from two or three areas.
|Chief scientist||W G Parnell (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.88 MB)|
|Water bottle stations||Quantity: number of stations = 46|
Description: top & bottom
|Biology and fisheries|
|Eggs and larvae||Quantity: number of samples = 72|
Description: distribution studies
|Pelagic fish||Quantity: number of hauls = 59|
|Demersal fish||Quantity: number of hauls = 59|