RV Corella 9/79
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Corella (74CX)|
|Cruise period||1979-07-17 — 1979-07-30|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To re-lay the current meter station at South Falls.
2. To track a dumped sludge patch in the Barrow Deep.
3. To map the front between Flamborough and Tees Bay.
4. To lay an array of current meter stations in the front area.
5. To carry out a water quality survey between Tees Bay and the methyl
methacrylate dumping ground.
6. To recover and re-lay the permanent current meter stations off Tees Bay, JONSIS 1 and JONSIS 2.
|Chief scientist||A R Folkard (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.28 MB)|
|Surface measurements underway (T,S)||Description: T only|
|Water bottle stations||Quantity: number of stations = 25|
Description: S surface only
|Subsurface temperature and salinity measurements|
|Current meters||Quantity: number of recoveries = 10|
|Surface drifters/drifting buoys||Quantity: number of deployments = 100|
|Phosphate||Quantity: number of stations = 25|
|Ammonia||Quantity: number of stations = 23|
|Trace metals||Quantity: number of stations = 11|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Phytoplankton pigs (eg chlorophyll, fluorescence)|