RV Ernest Holt 9/68
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Ernest Holt (74EH)|
|Cruise period||1968-11-05 — 1968-12-03|
|Port of departure||Grimsby, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Grimsby, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To survey the distribution of the large and small fish of the west and north-west Iceland plaice population during the seasonal period of availability to the fishery, and to investigate their thermal environment.
2. To extend previous inshore/offshore tagging experiments to complete the study of the pattern of recruitment to the seasonal fishery.
3. To collect blood samples from cod and plaice as part of an investigation into the variation of specific activity of Fe-55 in the marine environment (for Radiobiological Laboratory).
4. To bring back live lemon sole and long rough dab for hatchery use (for Mr. Riley).
5. To collect flesh samples from 20 cod (for Mr. B. W. Jones).
6. To return cold water prawns of the genera Pandalus and Sclerocrangon
(Mr. Wickins, Conway).
|Chief scientist||R Colin A Bannister (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.20 MB)|
|General||North West Atlantic Ocean (limit 40W)|
|Surface measurements underway (T,S)||Description: T only|
|Water bottle stations||Quantity: number of stations = 11|
|Routine standard measurements|