RV Cirolana CIR2/86
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Cirolana (74CZ)|
|Cruise period||1986-02-02 — 1986-02-27|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To participate in the ICES International Young Fish Survey.
2. To sample post-larval herring and sprat using the Isaacs-Kidd midwater trawl.
3. To take bottom and surface temperature and salinity readings and collect nutrient samples on each trawl station.
4. To collect and preserve stomachs of cod and whiting for the ICES North Sea Stomach Sampling project. (This was extended to include herring after the original programme was printed).
5. To collect from samples Laernaeocera sp studies (Kings College London).
6. To collect extra samples of herring from rectangles outside the English designated sampling area for meristic characters.
|Chief scientist||W G Parnell (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.18 MB)|
|Water bottle stations||Quantity: number of stations = 64|
Description: top & bottom
|Phosphate||Quantity: number of stations = 64|
|Nitrate||Quantity: number of stations = 64|
|Nitrite||Quantity: number of stations = 64|
|Ammonia||Quantity: number of stations = 64|
|Silicate||Quantity: number of stations = 64|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Pelagic fish||Quantity: number of hauls = 77|
Description: tows made with Isaac-Kidd trawl in the hours of darkness.
|Demersal fish||Quantity: number of hauls = 64|
Description: hauls made with GOV trawl.