RV Corystes COR2/88
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Corystes (74RY)|
|Cruise period||1988-05-13 — 1988-05-26|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To collect sediments by grabbing and coring for physical, biological, microbiological and chemical analysis, at the Tyne sewage sludge dumping site.
2. To collect Modiolus and other epifauna off the Humber for biological and chemical analysis.
3. To collect core samples from widely spaced stations for an assessment of regional geochemistry.
4. To collect samples around various fly ash and colliery waste dumpsites to assess waste dispersion.
5. To survey the Tees Bay dredged material dumpsites.
6. To collect samples of plankton for a study of Nephrops larvae (J Nichols).
All the aims were successfully achieved.
|Chief scientist||Steven M Rowlatt (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Burnham Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.12 MB)|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Phytoplankton||Quantity: number of stations = 12|
|Zooplankton||Quantity: number of stations = 12|
|Demersal fish||Quantity: number of hauls = 11|
|Other biological/fisheries measurement||Quantity: number of stations = 26|
|Geology and geophysics|
|Grab||Quantity: number of samples = 276|
|Core - soft bottom||Quantity: number of cores = 2|
|Bottom photography||Description: motion picture using underwater tv sledge,|