RV Corystes COR2B/95
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Corystes (74RY)|
|Cruise period||1995-02-10 — 1995-02-20|
|Port of departure||Barrow-in-Furness, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To examine and sample dab and other fish species for diseases.
2. To collect samples of dab and plaice livers for histochemistry and electron microscopy.
3. To collect samples of gall bladders from selected fish species to evaluate the use of their protistan parasites as pollution biomarkers.
4. To examine herring for Ichthyophoniosis.
5. To examine Lophius sp. for anomalies. Only one small angler fish was caught, this was found to be free of the microsporean parasite Spraguea lophii.
6. To examine Nephrops for evidence of Haematodinium sp.
7. To collect samples of frozen dab and whiting for the NMMP (A Franklin).
8. To collect samples of gadoids for VHSV testing (P Dixon).
9. To collect live plaice for FSM3.
10. To collect biological data and samples from Thornback rays (R. clavata) (FSM3)
All aims with the exception of 5 were successfully completed.
|Chief scientist||Stephen Wolfgang Feist (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Fish Disease Laboratory Weymouth)|
|Cruise report||(0.11 MB)|
Irish Sea and St. George's Channel
|Specific||Irish Sea, Cardigan Bay, North Sea|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Demersal fish||Quantity: number of hauls = 26|
Description: fish disease studies
|Other biological/fisheries measurement||Quantity: number of hauls = 3|
Description: live fish collection