FRV Clupea 0596C
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||FRV Clupea (74CU)|
|Cruise period||1996-03-21 — 1996-03-26|
|Port of departure||Fraserburgh, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Ardrossan, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To deploy current meter moorings at two locations in the North Channel, in an area to the north-west of Corsewall Point, near the entrance of Loch Ryan.
2. To collect seabed sediment samples in the vicinity of the current meter mooring locations for particle size and chemical analysis.
3. To undertake side-scan sonar trials.
4. To map the seabed in the vicinity of the current meter mooring locations, using RoxAnn.
5. To undertake a side-scan sonar survey in the vicinity of the current meter mooring locations.
6. To collect water samples for toxic dinoflagellate investigations.
All the objectives were achieved.
|Chief scientist||Rodney Payne (Scottish Office Agriculture Environment and Fisheries Department Aberdeen Marine Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.05 MB)|
|General||Inner Seas off the West Coast of Scotland|
North East Atlantic Ocean (limit 40W)
|Specific||Atlantic, Firth of Clyde, North Channel, NW of Corsewall Point, near entrance to Loch Ryan|
|Current meters||Quantity: number of stations = 2|
Description: 4 RCMs deployed
|Biology and fisheries|
|Zooplankton||Quantity: number of samples = 6|
|Geology and geophysics|
|Grab||Quantity: number of samples = 33|
Description: Day Grabs
|Single-beam echosounding||Quantity: track kilometres = 125|
|Long/short range side scan sonar||Quantity: track kilometres = 80|
|Moorings, landers, buoys|
|Current meters||55° 1' 0" N 5° 13' 59" W — 2 RCM7 deployed 23/3/96|
|Current meters||55° 1' 59" N 5° 13' 59" W — 2 RCM7 deployed 23/3/96|