RV Corystes COR4/00
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Corystes (74RY)|
|Cruise period||2000-03-24 — 2000-03-30|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||This is the third of a series of cruises planned to investigate the processes that influence productivity and the distribution and behaviour of suspended particulate matter and nutrients in the southern North Sea. Of particular interest is the movement of nutrients and particulate matter from UK waters towards the European coastal zone.
1. To service the Smart buoy at the Outer Gabbard.
2. To service Smart buoy and mini-pod at A1221 mooring.
3. To recover A1221 ADCP and current meter moorings.
4. To collect water samples and CTD profiles.
5. To complete Scanfish surveys.
6. To deploy satellite tracked drifting buoys.
|Chief scientist||David Brian Sivyer (Centre for Environment, Fisheries and Aquaculture Science Lowestoft Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.17 MB)|
|CTD stations||Description: A large number of CTD profiles were collected between the Outer Gabbard, Wash and Friesian Islands across the main area of interest in the southern Bight of the North Sea.|
|Geology and geophysics|
|Grab||Quantity: number of samples = 1|
Description: Day grab sediment sample collected for calibration for the Minipid instruments.