RV Corella 6/71
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Corella (74CX)|
|Cruise period||1971-03-25 — 1971-04-02|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To carry out a survey of fish eggs and larvae in the Southern North Sea
and Flamborough area.
2. To monitor transparency, chlorophyll A and temperature continuously in
the sea surface water
3. To collect surface salinity samples on each sampling station.
4. To measure temperatures and total illumination at different depths on
5. To collect chlorophyll samples for spectrophotometric examination.
6. To release Woodhead seabed drifters at selected points in the Southern
North Sea and Flamborough areas.
7. To do an echo survey along the ships track for fish traces.
8. To count flagellates at certain stations.
|Chief scientist||N Reynolds (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.11 MB)|
|Bathythermograph||Quantity: number of deployments = 32|
|Water bottle stations||Description: T surface only|
|CTD stations||Quantity: number of stations = 180|
|Transparency (eg transmissometer)||Description: continuous|
|Surface drifters/drifting buoys||Quantity: number of deployments = 1192|
Description: bottom drifters
|Biology and fisheries|
|Phytoplankton pigs (eg chlorophyll, fluorescence)||Description: chlorophyll a cont.|
|Phytoplankton||Quantity: number of stations = 132|
|Zooplankton||Quantity: number of stations = 132|
|Eggs and larvae||Quantity: number of stations = 132|
|Occasional standard measurements|
|Other meteorological measurements||Description: sea and swell|