FRV Scotia 1402S
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||FRV Scotia (748S)|
|Cruise period||2002-09-23 — 2002-10-06|
|Port of departure||Aberdeen, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Aberdeen, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To perform a hydrographic survey along the JONSIS standard section in the northern North Sea.
2. To perform hydrographic surveys along the standard Faroe Shetland Channel sections.
3. To service two of the Nordic WOCE ADCP moorings.
4. To recover one current meter mooring in the Judd Deeps.
5. To perform ad-hoc towed array acoustic recordings for cetaceans and deploy four sonobuoy moorings for Aberdeen University Zoology Department.
6. To perform a wide area CTD eddy survey of Faroe Shetland Channel.
7. To carry out squid jigging as time allows.
|Chief scientist||George Slesser (Fisheries Research Services Aberdeen Marine Laboratory)|
|Project||JONSIS & WOCE|
|Cruise report||(0.11 MB)|
North East Atlantic Ocean (limit 40W)
|Specific||Northwestern North Sea; Faroe Shetland Channel|
|Surface measurements underway (T,S)||Quantity: activity duration in days = 14|
Description: Surface underway measurements
|Water bottle stations||Quantity: number of stations = 130|
Description: Stations of water samples
|CTD stations||Quantity: number of stations = 130|
Description: CTD stations
|Phosphate||Quantity: number of stations = 130|
Description: Stations of Phosphate samples
|Nitrate||Quantity: number of stations = 130|
Description: Stations of Nitrate samples
|Silicate||Quantity: number of stations = 130|
Description: Stations of Silicate samples
|Moorings, landers, buoys|
|Current profiler (eg ADCP)||60° 27' 0" N 4° 22' 18" W — Laid NWSD 30/9/02 75 kHz ADCP|
|Current profiler (eg ADCP)||60° 16' 31" N 4° 19' 59" W — Laid NWSE 30/9/02 150 kHz ADCP|
|Current profiler (eg ADCP)||60° 16' 29" N 4° 19' 59" W — Recovered NWSE 25/9/02 150 kHz ADCP (laid 24/5/02)|
|Current profiler (eg ADCP)||60° 26' 59" N 4° 19' 59" W — Recovered NWSD 25/9/02 75kHz ADCP (laid 24/5/02)|