RV Clione CLI10/72
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Clione (74CN)|
|Cruise period||1972-07-20 — 1972-08-10|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To survey the continental shelf west of Scotland between latitude 55 30'N and 59 30'N for hake and other demersal species
2. To obtain length and age samples of pelagic species from the same area (Burd, Bolster, Macer, Johnson).
3. To obtain hake tissue samples for genetic studies (Mangaly).
4. To inject 1000 dogfish with tetracycline and release with tags attached (Holden).
5. To preserve 20 specimens of Black-mouthed dogfish for parasitological work (Platt, IMER).
6. To carry out a TTN survey of the area for hake and herring larvae.
7. To preserve herring samples for muscle fibre studies (Greer Walker).
8. To complete a line of eight hydrographic stations from Cape Wrath northwards (Ramster).
|Chief scientist||R G Houghton (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.35 MB)|
|Water bottle stations||Quantity: number of stations = 9|
Description: temp.and sal.at 0m,20m,50m,100m and bottom
|Biology and fisheries|
|Zooplankton||Quantity: number of hauls = 5|
|Eggs and larvae||Quantity: number of hauls = 5|
|Pelagic fish||Quantity: number of hauls = 24|
|Demersal fish||Quantity: number of hauls = 24|
|Occasional standard measurements|
|Other meteorological measurements||Description: sea and swell|