RV Cirolana CIR2/85
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Cirolana (74CZ)|
|Cruise period||1985-02-01 — 1985-02-26|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Wallsend, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To participate in the ICES International Young Fish Survey.
2. To sample post-larval herring and sprat using the Isaacs-Kid midwater trawl.
3. To take surface and bottom temperature and salinity readings and collect nutrient samples on each trawl station.
4. To collect samples of post larval herring for determination of daily ring formation on the otoliths.
5. To collect and preserve stomachs of cod and whiting for the ICES North Sea Stomach Sampling Project.
6. To collect extra samples of herring from rectangles outside the English designated sampling area for meristic characters.
7. To return to the laboratory any specimens of live hagfish (Myxine glutinosa) for Mr Scholes.
|Chief scientist||W G Parnell (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.13 MB)|
North East Atlantic Ocean (limit 40W)
|Water bottle stations||Quantity: number of stations = 56|
Description: top & bottom
|Phosphate||Quantity: number of stations = 56|
|Nitrate||Quantity: number of stations = 56|
|Nitrite||Quantity: number of stations = 56|
|Silicate||Quantity: number of stations = 56|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Pelagic fish||Quantity: number of hauls = 82|
Description: made with the Isaacs-Kidd midwater trawl.
|Demersal fish||Quantity: number of hauls = 57|