RV Corella 6/70
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Corella (74CX)|
|Cruise period||1970-05-22 — 1970-06-02|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To continue the examination of the budget of artificial radioisotopes in the Irish Sea.
2. To collect seawater samples at selected stations for trace element
3. Collection of seawater samples in the North Sea and English Channel
to determine Cs-137 concentrations derived fiom nuclear weapon-test
4. Total gamma counting above the sea surface to discriminate between
discharge and background situations.
5. Collection of seawater samples to measure dispersion of Cs-137 from
DERE Dounreay and from UKAEA Windscale to NE Atlantic.
6. Collection of starfish at selected sites for trace element analysis.
|Chief scientist||Dennis S Woodhead (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.13 MB)|
Irish Sea and St. George's Channel
|Water bottle stations||Quantity: number of stations = 39|
Description: bottom S only
|Trace elements||Quantity: number of stations = 73|
|Radioactivity||Quantity: number of stations = 73|
|Biology and fisheries|
|Zoobenthos||Quantity: number of hauls = 6|
Description: agassiz trawl
|Demersal fish||Quantity: number of hauls = 2|
Description: radiometric analysis
|Other meteorological measurements||Description: sea and swell|
|Geology and geophysics|
|In-situ seafloor measurement/sampling||Description: radioactivity measurements|