FRV Scotia 1403S
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||FRV Scotia (748S)|
|Cruise period||2003-09-16 — 2003-09-30|
|Port of departure||Aberdeen, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Aberdeen, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1) To perform hydrographic surveys along the JONSIS standard section in the northern North Sea.
2) To perform hydrographic surveys along the standard Faroe Shetland Channel sections.
3) To service two ADCP moorings in the Faeroe Shetland Channel.
4) To deploy an ADCP mooring near the Wyville - Thomson Ridge for SAMS.
5) To perform hydrographic surveys along the standard Rockall section.
6) To perform hydrographic surveys in the area north east of Rockall up to the Wyville - Thomson Ridge area.
7) To perform ad-hoc towed array acoustic recordings for cetaceans and deployment of sonobuoys.
|Chief scientist||George Slesser (Fisheries Research Services Aberdeen Marine Laboratory)|
|Project||JONSIS & WOCE|
|Cruise report||(0.11 MB)|
North East Atlantic Ocean (limit 40W)
|Specific||Northern North Sea, Faroe-Shetland Channel, Wyville Thomson Ridge and Faroe Bank|
|CTD stations||Quantity: number of stations = 113|
Description: CTD stations on the standard lines and over the Wyville-Thomson ridge area
|Subsurface temperature and salinity measurements||Quantity: activity duration in days = 14|
Description: Days of thermosalinograph records
|Oxygen||Quantity: number of samples = 16|
Description: Oxygen samples in triplicate
|Phosphate||Quantity: number of samples = 287|
Description: Phosphate samples
|Nitrate||Quantity: activity duration in days = 287|
Description: Nitrate Samples
|Silicate||Quantity: number of samples = 287|
Description: Silicates samples
|Biology and fisheries|
|Phytoplankton pigs (eg chlorophyll, fluorescence)||Quantity: number of stations = 113|
Description: Fluorometer profiles taken with CTD
|Moorings, landers, buoys|
|Current profiler (eg ADCP)||60° 26' 55" N 4° 22' 7" W — Recovered NWSD0309 22/9/03 75 kHz ADCP (deployed 3/5/03)|
|Current profiler (eg ADCP)||60° 16' 34" N 4° 20' 5" W — Deployed NWSE 25/9/02 150 kHz ADCP|
|Current profiler (eg ADCP)||60° 27' 11" N 4° 22' 39" W — Deployed NWSD0309 25/9/03 75 kHz ADCP|
|Current profiler (eg ADCP)||60° 16' 52" N 4° 19' 30" W — Recovered NWSE 22/9/02 150 kHz ADCP (deployed 3/5/02)|
|Data held at BODC||Get data|
|1 Instrument mooring|