RV Corella 5/72
Cruise summary report
|Ship name (ship code)||RV Corella (74CX)|
|Cruise period||1972-03-09 — 1972-03-23|
|Port of departure||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Port of return||Lowestoft, United Kingdom|
|Objectives||1. To lay two moored current meter stations to complete the Thames
2. To work a number of hydrographic stations in the Thames Estuary
including measurement of the suspended load particle size distribution
at different states of the tide.
3. To survey one or more continuous releases of Rhodamine-WT which
were to be made from RV TELLINA.
4. To give assistance, as circumstances require, with the transfer
of one scientist and a vertical log current meter to the GALLOPER
5. To make a number of sea bed drifter releases.
6. To recover all meters of the Thames Estuary and Suffolk Coast
7. To lay two moored current meter stations needed for CLIONE 5.
|Chief scientist||John W Talbot (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Lowestoft Fisheries Laboratory)|
|Cruise report||(0.24 MB)|
|Water bottle stations||Quantity: number of stations = 41|
Description: 13 T 35 S
|Transparency (eg transmissometer)||Quantity: number of stations = 35|
|Current meters||Quantity: number of deployments = 2|
Description: 14 days;direct reading
|Sea level (inc. bot. press., inverted echosounder)||Quantity: number of deployments = 2|
|Other physical oceanographic measurements||Quantity: number of surveys = 5|
Description: dynamic diffusion;dye tracer released by RV Tellina
|Biology and fisheries|
|Dissolved organic matter (inc DOC)||Quantity: number of stations = 35|