The documents found on this page are relevant to MERMAN data submitters and are downloadable. Documents include the data submission templates and a number of submission guidance notes, which are updated annually.
Registered users are able to upload or extract data via the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra) Portal. To enquire about registration, please contact the MERMAN Database Managers or the Responsible Officer for your CMA.
Data submissions for CMAs
The most recent data submission templates are available below — CMAs should click on the appropriate icon to access each file and refer to the 'MERMAN User Guide' (below) for instructions on how to complete these templates.
These templates were last updated on 9th April 2019.
- Template — Biota input spreadsheet (5 MB)
- Template — Biology input spreadsheet (5 MB)
- Template — Sediment input spreadsheet (4.5 MB)
- Template — Water input spreadsheet (5 MB)
- Template — AQC input spreadsheet (4.5 MB)
- Template — Biology AQC input spreadsheet (4.5 MB)
- Template — Biological Effects AQC input spreadsheet (7 MB)
- Template — PT input spreadsheet (4.5 MB)
- Template — RID input spreadsheet (4.5 MB)
- Template — Unhold input spreadsheet (4.5 MB)
Once data have been entered, please save the file as comma-separated ASCII (CSV format) and upload it to the Defra portal as instructed. A copy should also be sent to the MERMAN Database Managers.
Guidance for CMAs
The following documents are intended to give guidance to MERMAN users. CMAs should click on the appropriate icon, to download the file.
- MERMAN User Guide (1 MB)
- Business Objects User Guide (13 MB)
- MERMAN Reports Guide (2.5 MB)
- Laboratory Reference Material (LRM) Guidance (35 KB)
- LRM registration template
- MERMAN Station Dictionary (1.6 MB) — updated 20 May 2016
- Green Book Guide (551 KB)
- MERMAN Data Queries (300 KB) - updated 22 January 2016
- CSEMP Own Sample Audits summary